Oppo R17 With Triple Back Camera – Specs and PriceAugust 27, 2018
Oppo has unveiled the Oppo R17 Pro. It’s essentially an alternative to the Find X, coming with a lesser processor, but boasts of more cameras and SuperVOOC support on all units.
The Oppo R17 Pro is powered by a Snapdragon 710 chipset coupled with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage and no microSD card support.
There’s a 6.4-inch AMOLED panel which features the waterdrop-style notch and a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. The display unit is protected by Corning’s latest Gorilla Glass 6 .
It comes with a 25MP f/2.0 on the notch at the front, while the rear features the industry’s second triple sensor alignment. Its centerpiece is a 12MP 1/2.55″ sensor with a variable f/1.5-f/2.4 aperture lens which comes from the Samsung Galaxy Note9.
The secondary 20MP unit is of unclear application, while third camera is actually a 3D TOF depth sensor. We’ve only seen those at the front of phones so far, where they enable the 3D face unlock feature. In this case, according to Oppo, it can be used for 3D photo capturing or even connecting it to your TV and turning it into a game console.
The Oppo R17 Pro has 3,700 mAh, which is separated into two halves – 1,850 mAh each. This enables the 50W SuperVOOC charging technology that Oppo debuted with the Find X Lamborghini Edition and promises 40% charge in 10 minutes with the provided charger.
Android 8.1 Oreo comes with the phone out of the box skinned with the company’s own ColorOS 5.1 system overlay.
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Data Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A Cat15 800/150 Mbps
SIM Type and Count
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) / ColorOS 5.2
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 616
- RAM: 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 157.6 x 74.6 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 183 g
- Colours: Stream Blue
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.4 inches, 101.0 cm2 (~85.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Main Camera
- Triple: 12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 26mm, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS, 20 MP, f/2.6, AF, TOF 3D stereo camera
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60/120fps, 720p@240fps
- Front–facing Camera
- Single: 25 MP, f/2.0, 20mm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Video Support: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, EDR
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Document viewer: Yes
- Photo/video editor: Yes
- Charging: Fast battery charging – 40% in 10 min (SuperVOOC Flash Charge 5V/10A 50W)
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3700 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: August 2018
- Availability: August 2018
- Launched Price: CNY 4,299 ($625
Where Can I Buy Oppo R17 Pro?
It will be available for sale starting from mid-October in China, though there is no announcement that it would be available globally at the moment.